Keep your brains warm with these adorkable zombie beanie hats! Simple to make and very budget friendly, this is a great DIY program for the fall and winter. Zombies are quite cool these days thanks to Plants vs Zombies and the Walking Dead, so these warm hats will appeal to both guys and gals into the ghoulish side of life.
To get started you will need:
* Cheap gray hats (picked mine up for a dollar, at Dollar Tree),
(Our beanies were made using a kind of chenille hat, but I think knit caps are probably a bit more durable)
* Craft felt in black, white, red, and pink
* Tacky glue
* Permanent markers for details
* 4YA Zombie Beanie Hat pattern
To make the beanie:
1. Download the 4YA Zombie Beanie Hat pattern here.
2. Cut out the pattern and use as a guide for cutting out the felt zombie bits
3. Glue the back of the base shapes, and apply to the hat.
4. Glue the accompanying shapes and layer on top of base shapes
5. Use permanent marks to make details on the brains. Yum!
6. Let hats set for 24-hours before wearing.